TITLE: Restoration Technician
TYPE: Full time, temporary (32-40 hr/week)
EMPLOYER: South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL)
LOCATION: Nevada City, CA
REPORTS TO: Restoration Coordinator
The South Yuba River Citizens League is looking for a full-time technician to work in the Tahoe National Forest removing and tracking non-native and invasive weeds. The Restoration Technician will work with the Restoration Coordinator to treat invasive plants in the Tahoe National Forest, specifically in the Yuba and American River watersheds. Restoration Technician will find, identify, and treat specific invasive plants that pose high fire risk within our community to support overall watershed health. Treatment areas will be specified by the Restoration Coordinator based on Tahoe National Forest maps. This position is temporary, beginning in June, 2020 and ending in September, 2020. This is a seasonal position with the possibility for re-hire in 2021.
* Strong interpersonal skills and organizational proficiency
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Experience or keen interest in plant identification
* Excels working on a team and independently
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize
* Great attention to detail
* Valid Driver’s license and insurance
* Personal vehicle available for work assignments with reimbursement at the federal reimbursement rate
* Experience working outdoors
* Positive attitude and energy
* Ability to work on remote tablet with GIS compatibility
Work requires strenuous physical labor in difficult environments and roadsides. Requirements include repeated bending at the waist and carrying heavy loads over variable distances. Work is always outdoors and regularly in remote areas. Be prepared for extended exposure to sun, hiking in variable terrain, and poison oak. The applicant must be able to lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
Pay is $15/hr and will include travel reimbursement, PTO, and Sick Leave. Benefits may be available, depending on duration of employment.
Preference will be given to applications received before February 11th.
Submit your cover letter and resume electronically to https://syrcl.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=37
No phone calls, please.
SYRCL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.
Your application was submitted successfully.