TITLE: Membership Coordinator or Manager
REPORTS TO: Development Director
JOB STATUS: Full-time employee
LOCATION: Nevada City, CA
ABOUT SYRCL: The South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL – pronounced circle) was founded in 1983 by grassroots activists determined to protect the South Yuba River from dams. Ultimately, SYRCL won permanent protections for 39 miles of the South Yuba River under California’s Wild and Scenic Rivers Act. Today, SYRCL is the central hub of community activism to protect, restore, and celebrate the Yuba River watershed. With 38 years of achievements, 3,000 members and 1,000 active volunteers, SYRCL is doing great things for the Yuba watershed. We are working to restore wild salmon to their native waters. We are improving the health and capacity of Sierra meadows. We are inspiring activism across the globe with our environmental film festival. Together, we are extending our powerful coalition from the summit to the sea.
JOB DESCRIPTION: SYRCL seeks either an emerging or experienced fundraising professional, with a passion for the environment, to sustain and grow our annual giving program. The Membership Coordinator/Manager provides support and coordination for SYRCL’s fundraising, sponsorship, and membership programs, including stewardship of individual donors, and corporate and foundation partners. The position assists with planning and executing annual giving activities and fundraising events, membership solicitation and renewals, and sponsorship solicitation and fulfillment.
This position requires 40 hours per week, including occasional evenings and weekends. The successful candidate will demonstrate his or her capacity to learn quickly, show initiative, and thrive in a team-oriented work environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a customer service-oriented person who has a passion for writing and data management and enjoys working for a community-based non-profit organization dedicated to watershed protection. Title and salary will be negotiated based on experience.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Proven ability to manage fundraising projects and events.
• Proficiency in online applications as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; point of sale interfaces (i.e. Square, Paypal); remote workplace programs.
• Data entry experience required; experience with CRM platforms or databases is required.
• Basic graphic design skills are a plus.
• Strong interest in nonprofit career path required; three or more years of fundraising experience preferred.
• Experience with social media and email communication systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Highest commitment to protecting the confidentiality and security of donor information.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and follow through on areas of responsibility.
• Exceptional attention to detail required.
• Ability to work independently and in teams.
• Excellent interpersonal, customer service and computer skills.
• Must maintain a positive, professional, and highly cooperative spirit in engaging with members, volunteers and staff at all times.
• Manage SYRCL’s donor database and online fundraising platform (Salsa Engage and Salsa CRM) including but not limited to:
o Entering new donors and gifts
o Updating and maintaining donor records
o Performing accurate and timely queries, exports and reports as directed
• Create solicitations and thank you letters, invoices, membership cards, etc, for individuals and businesses.
• Create content for donor outreach materials and solicitations.
• Work with Development Director on setting and achieving annual goals.
• Create queries and reports to track fundraising success and annual goals.
• Maintain email lists and coordinate data synchronization among volunteer, email and donor database.
• Coordinate direct mail projects.
• Conduct fundraising calls to members, volunteers, sponsors and businesses
• Track sponsor and major donor benefits
• Maintain complete and well-organized electronic and paper files on all members.
• Create fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
• Track grant application due dates and reporting deadlines.
• Assist researching funding opportunities (grants, foundations, corporate and philanthropic funders).
• Steward monthly giving program.
• Coordinate special events as directed, including contracting with vendors, buying supplies, and coordinating the event plan and food.
• Provide general support to Development Director.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Able to work on a computer for up to 8 hours a day, including sitting at a desk for extended periods, reading a computer screen, and manually operating a keyboard.
• Able to speak clearly on the phone and in person and be understood by others.
• Able to occasionally lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
Hourly wage and benefits are competitive with other Northern California not-for-profit conservation organizations; salary is commensurate with experience plus paid time off (PTO), paid sick leave, holiday pay and 100% individual health insurance benefits.
This position is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: https://syrcl.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=43
Writing samples may be requested during the interview process.
SYRCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Your application was submitted successfully.