TITLE: Venue Logistics Manager
REPORTS TO: Festival Producer
JOB STATUS: Part-time: between 10-40 hrs./week, non-exempt, temporary staff
(Estimated 14 hrs. in Dec– 74hrs in Jan. – 60hrs in Feb)
DATES: November 1, 2021 –March 3, 2023 (mostly Jan.3 - Feb.31)
LOCATION: Nevada City, CA
ABOUT SYRCL AND WILD & SCENIC FILM FESTIVAL
The Wild & Scenic Film Festival is a program of the South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL), a watershed conservation organization located in Nevada City, CA. Created in 2003, this 5-day festival draws more than 8,000 attendees and launches an annual On Tour program designed to raise awareness and encourage grassroots environmental action internationally. This festival is SYRCL’s largest annual fundraising effort and proceeds to fund SYRCL’s other programmatic work.
The Venue Logistics Manager works on a team in the production of the largest festival of its kind in the US, taking place each February in Grass Valley and Nevada City, CA. Under the supervision of the Festival Producer, the Venue Logistics Manager oversees all aspects of venue setup, maintenance, and cleanup during the festival weekend. The Venue Logistics Manager works closely with the Festival Producer and the Community Engagement Manager to coordinate all supply orders, including but not limited to tables, chairs, and supplies for all the venues to function smoothly all weekend long.
The Venue Logistics Manager also manages a team of volunteers to be successful in all areas listed below.
- Supervise volunteers and ensure successful setup and breakdown of all venues.
- Place and remove all signage, banners, and flags around town.
- Check every venue for CURRENT equipment and changes in the buildings, secure keys and get sets of keys made as needed.
- Review the inventory supplies at the SYRCL office and determine festival needs based on available supply,
- Find and secure the items needed to have a successful event as related to venue set up
- Identify all needs for every event as related to venue setup (art opening, gala, film venue, ticket sales, activist center, activist tables, etc.), including but not limited to all food supplies, tables, tablecloths, paper goods, etc. Determine what supplies are available from every venue to figure out what supplies we need to 1. Order/purchase, 2. Rent or 3. Use from the venue (such as tables, podiums, etc.)
- Place rented equipment orders, arrange and be present for delivery and pick-up.
- Update and create inventory lists, per venue and festival-wide for the following:
- Chairs per venue
- Tables per venue
- Supplies needed per venue (i.e. popcorn machine)
- Full festival rental list
- Review all venue contracts for cleanup requirements in advance and craft a plan to assure needs are met.
- Check every venue AFTER the event to ensure they are left as contractually required and SYRCL receives refundable deposits.
- Create and maintain timeline and logistics notes for archives.
- Coordinate and ensure garbage and recycling needs are met at all venues according to venue rental contracts.
- Pick-up and delivery of all supplies from SYRCL office (or other designated pick-up spots) to the appropriate venue on appropriate days and times slots.
- Determine how supplies arrive to each venue on time (such as tables, chairs, etc.), who is setting up the items, how they are getting cleaned up, and brought back to either the venue, SYRCL or a rental shop after the festival.
- Lead volunteers to support your goals during the weekend of the Flagship Festival
Wild & Scenic Film Festival Deliverables:
- For all areas of responsibility, keep detailed lists and receipts of all items purchased over the weekend.
- Deliver a written report with the above information, including all documents and a summary of the experience (with suggestions for next year) at the end of the contract.
- Experience managing logistic needs for film festivals or similar events.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, and provides follow-through on areas of responsibility and is detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Computer skills required, including proficiency with Word and Excel.
This position requires frequent computer use and occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPENSATION: This part-time, temporary position pays $18.00 per hour. SYRCL’s part-time, temporary employees are not eligible for health insurance benefits, paid time off, or holiday pay. Sick leave will be accrued at a rate of 1 hour per every 30 hours worked.
This position is open until filled. Submit your cover letter and resume here: https://syrcl.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=72
SYRCL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status.